Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been involved in a car accident recently, you may have concerns about following up with the insurance companies and at the same time trying to recover from the injuries. There is also the work you should do to repair your car. This can all be over whelming. The first thing you should consider after the incident is getting a car accident lawyer. They are well equipped to help you recover your money and pay all your accident-related bills. They will make sure you are compensated for your suffering and pain.
There are two different scenarios; when there is a fatal or sever injury to the participants and a normal car accident where the damaged are limited to the vehicles. In the first case scenario, if the accident was very serious and cause fatalities or alcohol was involved then the state will prosecute the driver who is at fault. All other car accidents where the damage is to the vehicles, the drivers and the insurance companies may be left to deal with the car repair expenses and medical bills. These issues are dealt with in court and you will need a good car accident lawyer.
Some of the causes of the car accidents include;
- Drowsy drivers, who have been behind the wheel for a long time, or a driver under heavy medication.
- Speeding drivers who exceed the limits.
- Distracted drivers who talk or send messages using their phones, fiddling with the music system, driver who pay attention to other passengers.
- Impaired drivers who have over the legal blood-alcohol limit, or otherwise impaired.
- The weather can also be a contributing factor to an accident for example ice, sleet, wind and fog.
Most of the time, the victims of car accidents are by-standers, passengers, spouses of the injured party and the drivers. A good lawyer will get you money from the owner of the car, or the other driver and even the employer to pay for your car damaged, medical bills and any permanent injuries you may have suffered. If you have a good case, the lawyer can you get punitive damages, which are basically intended to punish the other driver for her or his actions.
You should hire a personal car accident lawyer if;
- You have sustained major injuries which have possible long-term repercussions.
- If the other driver was underinsured or no insured at all
- If you and the other driver are not in agreement about who was at fault
- The claims adjuster can be intimidating and if you feel pressure to agree to a quick settlement then you should hire a good car accident lawyer.
- If you feel you are not being fully compensated for the current as well as the future medical costs resulting from the car accident.
You should expect an easy and fast settlement especially if you opt to take the insurance company to court. All cases are usually different, however we guarantee proper representation and compensation. You are also liable to pay for the court related fees for example the copying expenses and filing costs.